"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Wow, Linksys technical support is good. My router was FUBAR-ing but the lady on the Linksys hotline walked me through a series of steps in a very structured and measured manner, resulting in the problem being solved:

Disable Windows Firewall
Turn off UPNP
Turn on MAC Address Clone
Turn on WEP 64 bits, Default transmit key 1
Turn off Wireless Mac Filter
Turn off Block Anonymous Internet Requests

She was very amused when, when asked if I had any other questions or comments, I asked what country she was based in.

She asked me to guess and I said most outsourcing is in India but she sounded Filipino. On reflection though, maybe it might not have been so smart to say "we have a lot of Filipino maids in Singapore" when she asked how I recognised her accent.

***

I'd create a "compliment" or "kudos" label, but I don't think it'd be used often. Hurr hurr.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes