"The happiest place on earth"

Get email updates of new posts:        (Delivered by FeedBurner)

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Getting caned for asking the wrong questions

On education in Singapore in the past:

"In primary school, during maths classes when I asked why do we need to learn fractions, I was sent to the principal's office for caning.

In secondary chemistry class, when we were learning about atoms, and I asked about what made up the protons & electrons, I was told that they're the smallest particles ever. I persisted and asked if it was possible that we simply do not know what makes up protons & electrons, I was sent out of the class for disrupting the class.

When I looked at naked flames during chemistry class and asked what state that was, I was told it was gaseous. I disagreed and said that that can't be right. I found myself outside the class again.

During commerce class, when we were discussing barter trades, and I asked why we couldn't revert back to barter trade, I was told not to ask silly questions.

I can give you thousands of examples that got me sent out of the class &/or caning almost on a daily basis.

But that was the past, I heard that educators today have been taught to encourage discussions in class."
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Latest posts (which you might not see on this page)

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes